Terms and Conditions
Invoice and Payment
If you order a cut length then you will be invoiced based on the length ordered
If you order a roll you will be invoiced based on your choice of a 'standard' or 'jumbo' roll size, but you will be invoiced at the length delivered. This may result in a difference between the advised cost of the order and the actual value.
If you pay for a roll order prior to despatch (ie proforma or on the portal) then payment will be based on the selected roll size, either a 'standard' or a 'jumbo' roll. Consequently, the invoice may result in a credit or charge adjustment if the length delivered is different from selected roll size.
All prices quoted are excluding VAT.
When we raise our invoice to you VAT will be added and is payable at the rate prevailing on the date the goods are despatched.
If you pay for your order on the portal then the VAT will be added to your order value when you are transferred to the payment area.
Payment may be made on-line for the order being entered. This payment can be made by using a valid credit or debit card in the currency designated in your account. Please note that we do not charge for this service at present, although we reserve the right to amend this in future.
On-line payments are processed using an independent company's secure payment processing system. We do not see, or have access to, any of your payment card information.
Payment may be made through our accounts department using a valid credit or debit card.
All other payments are requested through the BACS system details of which are shown on the invoice or statement.
A pro-forma account requires you to pay for goods ordered before they are prepared and despatched. Settlement terms are not available for a pro-forma account.
Payment is due by the end of the month following the date of the invoice.
If you pay us by the 20th of the month following the date of invoice, we allow a settlement discount of 2.5% on the net value of goods (excluding VAT).
If payment is late we reserve the right to impose a late payment charge equivalent to 2.5% per month and in addition any other charges that are incurred in the collection of monies from you. We may withdraw credit and payment terms at any time.
At all times you should keep us informed of any change of legal identity (e.g. sole trader to partnership or to limited company). Sole traders and partnerships should keep us informed of changes in their home address.
All goods supplied to you, whether paid for or not, remain our property until all or any of our outstanding accounts have been paid to us in full. This includes carpet, samples and point of sale equipment.
While the goods are in your possession, and until the goods become your property, it is your responsibility to keep them in good condition, insured, and clearly identified as our property. Until the property in the goods passes to you they should not be disposed of without our consent and must be returned to us on request.
Photographic imagery, logos and range graphics supplied by Cormar Carpets or shown on our website remain our property. Our prior consent must be obtained prior to any usage by you, and a credit supplied to Cormar Carpets. Any breach of Cormar Carpets intellectual property rights by you may result in legal action.
Cormar Carpets is a trading name of Greenwood and Coope Limited.
To avoid potential errors, all orders must be submitted to us in metric units and all orders whether written or verbal must be clear and legible. Cormar Carpets will not be liable for any errors by you when placing orders. The minimum order quantity is 1.5 metres.
Please note that all orders of a specific length will be rounded up by the nearest 5cm and charged accordingly.
Although some customers wish to re-name our products and samples we cannot guarantee that the order is processed correctly unless the Cormar product code is provided with the re-named product and colour name.
A standard roll, for all widths, is between 25 and 28 linear metres. Rolls over 28m are classed as ‘jumbo’. Rolls of 25m or more will be charged at roll price. All lengths less than this are cut lengths and will be charged at cut length price. Where an exact roll length is specified at greater than 25 metres, please order to the nearest half metre and allow extra time for delivery.
Please note when ordering, Cormar do not guarantee to have stock of all colours and all widths at all times and therefore are not liable to fund the difference between the ordered item and an alternative item.
All orders will be delivered to your usual, agreed premises, carriage paid within the UK. An additional minimum carriage charge of £100 will normally be made for a delivery to any alternative address. Any other delivery arrangements will be at your expense. No deliveries will be made to private residential addresses.
Where you have asked us to deliver to unmanned premises, we will assume that you have fully indemnified Cormar Carpets against loss or damage of the carpet.
Damage in transit must be reported immediately in writing or by fax.
Whilst we will make every effort to deliver to you within the delivery dates discussed, we cannot be liable for any loss arising from a delay in despatch or delivery, however this may have been caused.
Trade Portal Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term ‘Cormar Carpets’ or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Brookhouse Mill, Greenmount, BURY BL8 4HR. Our company registration number is 00200956. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.